Hello for Calgary EH!!?!?!?!?! how are thing going? Things are very good! We have set a baptismal date for March 27th. So here is the great story:
On January 25th, Elder Miller & I we went on splits with the Young Men. I went with a young man named Bennett Gustufson. We didn't have any set appointments for that night so we went and visited Laura and Ian Knight. We had a very good lesson and talked about prayer and why we have it and the importance of it.
Afterwards I decided it would be good to go and tract this one street. The first door we knocked on, a young girl answered and we ended up leaving a Book of Mormon for her parents and asked if we could return and said we could another day. Then we continued on and the next 3 doors we knocked on they yelled at us and slammed the Door in our faces before we could say a word. Finished the whole street with no success. Then I decided to visit this pm family nearby. We went over and tried there house and no luck. We went back to the car and I said, "we should say a prayer" so I said it and told Heavenly Father to let us find someone to talk to by us seeing the next person. After I looked up the street and saw a guy walking in the distance. So we jumped out of the car and walked towards him. He said he wasn't interested. I saw a few lighted house ahead so I said we'll go check them out then head back to the church. We started to walk up there and a van pulled out and drove by and opened its side door and 2 kids threw eggs at us. One was close to me but I dodged it. haha good times. Finally we got to the house and they were getting ready to leave town but said to come back in a few weeks. So we started back to the car and I glanced over and saw a lady sitting on a couch on the phone next to the house we went to so I said lets try this one then we'll go back. So we headed to the door and knocked and the lady answered, her name Colleen McGill and come to find out that her dad is a member and she has talked to missionaries before. I asked if we could come back another time which she agreed.
The next couple of weeks we have been trying by her and each time she never was home. Then on the February 20th, Elder LaFond and I were at a Less-Active members house and we were trying to teach him a lesson, then I got the prompting that we needed to go to her house right at that very moment. We quickly left and went to her house. We pulled up and went to the door. We knocked and sat there for a few seconds, then she answered the door! She invited us in and we met her 4 year old son, Adam. He was really funny. We talked for sometime and she told us that her Father and Step-Mother joined the Church 15 years ago and has been a very active member. She also told us about herself. I asked if she had enough time that we could share a message/lesson with her and she agreed. We then began teaching her about the Holy Ghost then about the Restoration and then watched the Restoration DVD. Afterwards I asked her if she felt the spirit and she agreed, then I continued to tell her why she felt that way and asked her if she would be baptized on March 27th. She looked really surprised and said, “Oh, wow. that’s really soon, yeah I’ll prepare for that date” The spirit was very strong and she was very happy when we left. The next day she left with her Mom to go to Edmonton for a shopping trip. We have a lesson set with her for tomorrow night. I am very excited to go over and teach her again. How about that for a story though? Its pretty cool to find someone and teach them and help them prepare to be baptized.
Well that’s about all i have for this week! Hope everything is going great!
Love, Elder Norman
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment